The SAR-1000 Small Animal Ventilator is a versatile and easy-to-use ventilator for mice, rats, and other small animals. Using Volume mode it delivers a fixed tidal volume on each breath; Pressure mode causes inflation to stop at a preset airway pressure. In either mode, lung inflation is maintained at the end of inspiration until the percent inspiration (%Insp) time has elapsed. This end inspiratory pause (EIP) improves gas exchange and the overall efficiency of ventilation.
The ventilator operates on the proven flow-time principle, where a known airflow is delivered for a set time, thus delivering a fixed volume. Actual tidal volume is computed and displayed on the LCD display, as well as Minute Ventilation (MV) and other respiratory parameters.
A built-in air pump allows completely self-contained operation. This pump draws in room air, oxygen, or anesthetic gasses through a rear-panel port. Tubing sets for both mouse and rat-sized animals are included.
The SAR-1000 is expandable to multi-animal ventilation by adding External Valve Assemblies (see Accessories). Up to five small animals can be accommodated (Ventilator + 4 CTP-VA-1 Valve Assemblies), or one animal up to 5kg using one CTP-VA-3 Valve Assembly.
Complete remote control of the ventilator via its USB port and the free SAR-CommVS software application (see below).
- Respiratory rate range: 5 - 200 breaths/min
- Tidal Volume range (NOTE 1): 0.2 - 35ml
- Inspiration/Expiration range (%Insp): 10 - 90%
- Inspiratory flow range : 10 - 1000 ml/minute
- Pressure control range : 0 - 50.0 cmH2O
- Internal air pump capacity: 3 lpm @ 5psi (0.34 bar)
- Analog pressure output voltage: 50mV/cmH2O
- Logic Sync Out voltage: 5V (TTL)
- Trigger In voltage : 5V (TTL)
- Remote-control interface: USB
- INSP, EXP, and PRES MONITOR ports (front panel): Luer female
- PUMP IN, PUMP OUT, FLOW IN, EXP AIR, and IN VENT ports (rear panel): 0.15” flex tubing barb (4mm)
- Power requirements (supplied with mains cord for destination country): 120/240VAC, 50VA
- Dimensions: 9Wx4Hx9D in (23x10x23 cm)
NOTE 1: Using internal valves. External valve assemblies available for larger animals provide up to 100ml volumes.
- Pressure or volume-cycled operation
- Wide tidal volume and rate range
- User-friendly set-up and operation
- Mice to Guinea pig size
- Direct display of Tidal Volume & all parameters
- User-programmable automatic sigh function
- Remote control via USB port using free SAR-CommVS software application
- Safe with oxygen and anesthesia
- Multi-animal set-ups (up to 5 rodents)
- Expand to larger animals with CTP-VA-3 Valve Assembly